Knights of Columbus
The Knights of Columbus, Council 3909 Walden / Copper Cliff received its charter in 1954 and has over 100 members. As an integral part of these communities the Council has been very active lending financial and volunteer support to St. Stanislaus, St. Pius X, St. Christopher and St. Patrick having recently joined the Council and providing financial assistance to needy individuals and families.
The Council has realized may achievements through the years: thanks to a partnership with Delta Bingo and Gaming on Notre Dame financially supporting many charitable organizations such as Maison MCullough Hospice, Childhood / Enfance, Alzheimer Society, Camp Quality, Elgin Street Mission and others; providing volunteer labor for ground maintenance or light carpentry work in the churches and rectories; manning the Salvation Army Christmas Kettles exceeding $50,000.00 in donations for their Christmas Campaign in 18 years; beautifying St. Stanislaus Cemetery, their most endearing project.
More information is available by visiting: ontariokofc.ca
Catholic Women's League
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada calls its members to grow in faith and to witness to the love of God through ministry and service. All women 16 years of age and over are welcome.
St. Stanislaus Church
St. Stanislaus CWL was founded in June 21, 1921. The Spiritual Director was Rev. C. C. Fawetti, the President was Mrs. Feldhans and the Secretary was Mrs. J. C. Racicot.
The goal of St. Stanislaus CWL is to enhance the Christian ideal in home and family and to recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere.
President: Mrs. Faye Wafer
Secretary: Mrs. Denise Corrigan
Treasurer: Mrs. Ellen Austin
St. Pius X Church
St. Pius X Catholic Women’s League was chartered September 13, 1965 under Council number 2619. Our charter President was Leona Breen and Spiritual Advisor Fr. James M. Sharpe.
Our Council is comprised of dedicated women united in faith. Our Lady of Good Counsel is the Patroness of the Catholic Women’s League.
President: Mrs. Kathy Smorhay
Secretary: Mrs. Flora Tremblay & Mrs. Carol Bechard
Treasurer: Mrs. Elizabeth Villeneuve
St. Christopher Church
The St. Christopher’s Ladies Guild was started at St. Christopher’s parish in 1980 with Father Graham. The first president was Gertrude Falzetta and president now is Jeannete St. Jean.
The Ladies Guild is a faith based group who promote respect, growth and community will, for all women.
The Cenacle of the Marian Movement of Priests
It started at St. Christopher's Church in 2002. At the Cenacle we pray for priests, for vocations, for the Pope and our families, our country and various other needs.
The Cenacle takes place in the church each Tuesday at 10:45 AM. It starts with an invocation to the Holy Spirit and the recitation of the Holy Rosary, followed by a reading and meditation on a message from Mary's Book 'To the Priests, Our Lady's Beloved Sons'. If you hear Our Blessed Mother Mary's calling, please join us.